How to determine the Margin Requirements?
- In order to calculate your Margin, you would need to use a simple equation.
- You would need to gather the Contract Size, number of Lots, the Price, and the Leverage of your Live Account.
- Contract Size, Lots, and the Price are acquired from MetaTrader.
- You can obtain your Contract Size by going into the Specification tab on the specific Pair/Instrument on MetaTrader.
- You can obtain the Price from the chart of the specific Pair or Instrument on MetaTrader.
- You can obtain the number of Lots from the chart of the specific Pair or Instrument.
- The equation will be calculated like so: Lots x ( Contract Size x Price ) ÷ Leverage.
- Let's say that we are using the Sell Price and our Live Account is set with a leverage of 500, the calculation will be as follows:
1.00 x ( 1.11156 x 100,000 ) ÷ 500 = $222.312
- This means that the Margin Requirement for USDJPY with the above trading adjustments is $222.312.