How can I stay safe on the web?
- Install an Antivirus to fend off viruses and malware to prevent them from encrypting your files.
- Ensure your passwords are strong, not easily guessed and a new password is used for each platform. Weak passwords increase your chances of getting hacked.
- When using public Wi-Fi, it is important to use a VPN. Sending information through a public connection may increase the threat of a hacker stealing your files and data from your device.
- Don't download random software found on suspicious websites. It is also recommended to occasionally clear up any extension settings which you do not need.
- Stay alert for any new cybercrimes which may occur. Watch the news to get familiar with new techniques and scams you should be aware of.
- Be aware of the forms phishing may take and never open suspicious emails, SMS or links.
- When in doubt of a suspicious website, always check if the connection is secure by clicking on the padlock in the URL bar.
- All communication received from FxSway will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org".